- Formation, implementation, follow-up action, evaluation and monitoring of policies and programmes pertaining to the Public Corporations and the Statutory Institutions falling under the purview of the Ministry.
- State land administration, management, land use planning and supervision.
- Supervision of activities related to the land settlement and land title registration.
- Supervision on prompt and proper alienation of lands required for the development activities of the government.
- Supervision on land administration and lawful distribution of lands vested in the Land Reform Commission.
- Supervision of land surveying and mapping and providing land information and related services.