About the Ministry
Ministry of Land was established in 1932. The objectives of the Ministry are to formulate and implement state land policies, conserve state lands, and implement activities related to land settlement and land acquisition for public purposes.
Optimum utilization of land resource towards sustainable development
Contribution to sustainable development through efficient management and optimum utilization of the land resource by policy formulation, implementation and coordination for all the stakeholders, while strengthening land ownership.
1. Formation, implementation, follow-up action, evaluation and monitoring of policies and programmes pertaining to the Public Corporations and the Statutory Institutions falling under the purview of the Ministry.
2. State land administration, management, land use planning and supervision.
3. Supervision of activities related to the land settlement and land title registration.
4. Supervision on prompt and proper alienation of lands required for the development activities of the government.
5. Supervision on land administration and lawful distribution of lands vested in the Land Reform Commission.
6. Supervision of land surveying and mapping and providing land information and related services.